Update added by user Apr 02, 2014
Not good news, I am sorry.
Slater & Gordon have advised that following their review of the potential for a Class Action, they have NOT decided to go ahead,
This is perhaps due to the assets available in CruiseMiles to make such an action viable, though they did not advise their reasons.Perhaps other actions or other companies might be possible.
The full text of the Slater & Gordon (Australia) advice is below:
"This firm has decided not to get involved in pursuing CruiseMiles and/or its principals.
I would be grateful if you could make it clear on the blog site that Steven Lewis and Slater & Gordon regrettably cannot assist but hope that eventually you might obtain satisfaction in a matter that seems to warrant further action for compensation.Yours faithfully, Van Moulis | Practice Group Leader | Commercial, Estate and Class Action Litigation Slater & Gordon Lawyers | Level 5, 44 Market Street | Sydney 2000 Phone +61 2 8267 0667 | Fax +61 2 8267 0650 Van.Moulis@slatergordon.com.au www.slatergordon.com.au "
Update added by user Oct 23, 2013
Contact at Slater & Gordon, Sydney for my Class Action request is Steven Lewis. Level 5, 44 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000 T: (02) 8267 0626 F: (02) 8267 0650
I will be away for a month.
Update added by user Oct 15, 2013
16 Oct 2013: I have spoken with Slater & Gordon here now at some length and will, as requested by their Practice Group Lawyer, provide documentary evidence for their assessment.
It is noted that a Class Action will depend on likelihood of success; difficulties of course due to the "distributed" nature of CM and their assets; and of course a number of other people to join in the action.
Anyone wishing to join should first document their losses and experiences for submission.
Further details, advice, progress will be posted here.
Update added by user Oct 15, 2013
Pleased to say a major legal firm - in Australia, with international links - is interested in my Class Action request. Will advise as progress is made. 15/10/13
Original review posted by user Oct 13, 2013
I've had, like all others significantly devalued CruiseMiles and cruise cancellations. The last straw is that having not responded to several weeks of many enquiries on a TransAtlantic Cruise for ticketing, Richard Lester replies that I cancelled the cruise myself and credited my account that day with the original amount of now effectively worthless Cruisemiles (back dating the entry also by about a month).
ACTION: I now will no longer "play" within the CM company system and rules and will action complaints in public, through institutions, and other legal means.
I would like to set up/ join a Class Action and will hope that others will join.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "I stayed with my wife and two young daughters at a small house in London, 57 Roupell St, from xxx to xxx The person letting us in Johnny seemed nice enough;..."
- "Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P71JMmpiymA Sundance Vacations is practically a group of *** artists! I was led to believe that I would be saving on so much money on rooms for..."
- "Stayed here for 5 days. Simply the best hotel you can find in Papagayo Gulf. The staff is always willing to help you. The food is great, with the system..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."