Update by user Apr 02, 2014

*** UPDATE***

Not good news, I am sorry.

Slater & Gordon have advised that following their review of the potential for a Class Action, they have NOT decided to go ahead,

This is perhaps due to the assets available in CruiseMiles to make such an action viable, though they did not advise their reasons.Perhaps other actions or other companies might be possible.

The full text of the Slater & Gordon (Australia) advice is below:

"This firm has decided not to get involved in pursuing CruiseMiles and/or its principals.

I would be grateful if you could make it clear on the blog site that Steven Lewis and Slater & Gordon regrettably cannot assist but hope that eventually you might obtain satisfaction in a matter that seems to warrant further action for compensation.Yours faithfully, Van Moulis | Practice Group Leader | Commercial, Estate and Class Action Litigation Slater & Gordon Lawyers | Level 5, 44 Market Street | Sydney 2000 Phone +61 2 8267 0667 | Fax +61 2 8267 0650 Van.Moulis@slatergordon.com.au www.slatergordon.com.au "

Update by user Oct 23, 2013

Contact at Slater & Gordon, Sydney for my Class Action request is Steven Lewis. Level 5, 44 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000 T: (02) 8267 0626 F: (02) 8267 0650

slewis@slatergordon.com.au

I will be away for a month.

Update by user Oct 15, 2013

16 Oct 2013: I have spoken with Slater & Gordon here now at some length and will, as requested by their Practice Group Lawyer, provide documentary evidence for their assessment.

It is noted that a Class Action will depend on likelihood of success; difficulties of course due to the "distributed" nature of CM and their assets; and of course a number of other people to join in the action.

Anyone wishing to join should first document their losses and experiences for submission.

Further details, advice, progress will be posted here.

Update by user Oct 15, 2013

Pleased to say a major legal firm - in Australia, with international links - is interested in my Class Action request. Will advise as progress is made. 15/10/13

Original review posted by user Oct 13, 2013

I've had, like all others significantly devalued CruiseMiles and cruise cancellations. The last straw is that having not responded to several weeks of many enquiries on a TransAtlantic Cruise for ticketing, Richard Lester replies that I cancelled the cruise myself and credited my account that day with the original amount of now effectively worthless Cruisemiles (back dating the entry also by about a month).

ACTION: I now will no longer "play" within the CM company system and rules and will action complaints in public, through institutions, and other legal means.

I would like to set up/ join a Class Action and will hope that others will join.

Review about: Cruisemiles.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Cruisemiles?

Comments

Link to a legal firm that agrees this was an illegal venture (not that any of us are questioning that)

and says they are standing by to offer help.

Lynne Packer

How can most cruisemile buyers had their information on the cruisemiles web site which convenient had a virus we were told so all the information a how many cruise miles we have is locked up in the cruisemiles site which we cannot open.I had 34 million cm and my mother had We million cm but the proof is still locked inside the cruisemiles site.

I now that tho you sands of people all over the world has been ripped off... and

There seems like there is nothing we can do. I bought all the cruisemiles from a ebay seller. Shipshape1960 he was still selling the cruisemiles up to December.

Yet ebay states it has nothing to do with them that vouchers were sold at over £100 a voucher which worth worth NOTHING. How mad is this what a corrupt world we live in when companies can just go bankrupt and move on leaving major loss of money to individuals yet just get away with it.. everytime it's about is it worth it. To the establishment to pursue these thiefs.

Even governments have these policies allowing people's pensions to be stolen by companies who just go into receivership then start up again 3 months later under a new name.God help just in this corrupt world.

YHCM

FOR INFO: Check out other PO thread ...

I have contacted slater and Gordon, thanks.We have lost over $5000 not to mention the emotional ride, disappointment and energy spent trying to rebook, search get answers.

So disappointed and pretty angry at the whole company.thanks for the direction of where to go with this anger and do something pro active in taking class action against cruisemiles, hope others do the same.

anonymous

in australia...slater and gordon are handling a class action law suit but I think they are world wide..wouldnt hurt to get in touch with them though

nene
Dexter, Michigan, United States #772036

Please contact me if there is going to be a 'class action law suit'!!!We waited almost two years to go on our cruise that was to leave the end of November 2013 and return 7 days later.

It was on the Celebrity "Summit". Weeks and weeks before the cruise, I emailed them as to why we had not had ANY communication from them regarding 'roll call'. They wouldn't respond to us!!! When they finally did, it was about 10 or so days before the cruse was to depart.

We were told the cruise had been CANCELLED, yet we had been given NO prior notification!!! We are the care givers for my parents, so many, many arrangements had to be made with relatives to come in to care for them. The relatives had to use 'vacation' days to do so. We already purchased our non-refundable airfare, so we went ahead and booked the exact same cruise, which cost us well over $1,000.

PLEASE ADVISE ME OF 'ANY' CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT.

We DEFINITELY want to participate!!!My Email: brennanlawrence@sbcglobal.net.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia #761254

UPDATE re CLASS ACTION:

Sorry I've been away longer than first planned.

1. The legal firm (S&G) have advised that they are investigating and have contacted London branch for support/information.

2. Needed to advise S&G that there is a (confusing) secondary but unassociated organisation called "Cruise Miles" which apparently 'stole' the CM name, and are an unassociated "frequent fliers" type organisation on Facebook and are not to be linked to this proposed Class Action.

3. I (as will all others proposing to join this Class Action - should it be launched) have to detail all costs/losses associated with one's claim. My credit card company have assisted by copying (free) to me all my statements for the past 2 years so I can detail my items. If you wish to join in the Action please prepare your documentation.

4. I expect that due to the seasonal hiatus, there will be more to report in mid-late January. Sorry but this will not be a 'quick fix' but hopefully will have a strong legal effect on CM.

mehere
to YHCM Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #761340

I assume that is Slater and Gordon you are referring to an if so who should we contact within the company

to mehere #761376

Contact info is detailed in headed material.

mehere
to YHCM Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #761392

THX rest assured I will definitely be in touch