No cruise, CruiseMiles cancelled. Legal CLASS ACTION sought.
Update added by user Apr 02, 2014
Not good news, I am sorry.
Slater & Gordon have advised that following their review of the potential for a Class Action, they have NOT decided to go ahead,
This is perhaps due to the assets available in CruiseMiles to make such an action viable, though they did not advise their reasons.Perhaps other actions or other companies might be possible.
The full text of the Slater & Gordon (Australia) advice is below:
"This firm has decided not to get involved in pursuing CruiseMiles and/or its principals.
I would be grateful if you could make it clear on the blog site that Steven Lewis and Slater & Gordon regrettably cannot assist but hope that eventually you might obtain satisfaction in a matter that seems to warrant further action for compensation.Yours faithfully, Van Moulis | Practice Group Leader | Commercial, Estate and Class Action Litigation Slater & Gordon Lawyers | Level 5, 44 Market Street | Sydney 2000 Phone +61 2 8267 0667 | Fax +61 2 8267 0650 Van.Moulis@slatergordon.com.au www.slatergordon.com.au "
Update added by user Oct 23, 2013
Contact at Slater & Gordon, Sydney for my Class Action request is Steven Lewis. Level 5, 44 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000 T: (02) 8267 0626 F: (02) 8267 0650
I will be away for a month.
Update added by user Oct 15, 2013
16 Oct 2013: I have spoken with Slater & Gordon here now at some length and will, as requested by their Practice Group Lawyer, provide documentary evidence for their assessment.
It is noted that a Class Action will depend on likelihood of success; difficulties of course due to the "distributed" nature of CM and their assets; and of course a number of other people to join in the action.
Anyone wishing to join should first document their losses and experiences for submission.
Further details, advice, progress will be posted here.
Update added by user Oct 15, 2013
Pleased to say a major legal firm - in Australia, with international links - is interested in my Class Action request. Will advise as progress is made. 15/10/13
Original review posted by user Oct 13, 2013
I've had, like all others significantly devalued CruiseMiles and cruise cancellations. The last straw is that having not responded to several weeks of many enquiries on a TransAtlantic Cruise for ticketing, Richard Lester replies that I cancelled the cruise myself and credited my account that day with the original amount of now effectively worthless Cruisemiles (back dating the entry also by about a month).
ACTION: I now will no longer "play" within the CM company system and rules and will action complaints in public, through institutions, and other legal means.
I would like to set up/ join a Class Action and will hope that others will join.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "My mom and I loved the location on the marina and all the different restaurants included in the package! Close walk to all the night life and beach.Would definitely come..."
- "This was our first time using Bookvip.com and we are quite impressed with the excellent and timely way every encounter with them was handled. We were treated like VIP during..."
- "Myself, my husband and daughter had an amazing vacation at Summer Bay Orlando. Everyone was great and everything as advertised was extremely satisfying. Would definitely visit again...."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."
- "i trusted a friend and signed up, within 20 minutes of making my first order i called in because i wanted to cancel it, i didn't notice that there was..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."